This is Carolanne

This is to tell you a bit more about who I am - from when I was younger to about now. I didn't anticipate it would have the start that it does, but that's what happens when I think some and write some more.

Monday, August 14, 2006

The Five Senses

What better way to tell you a bit more about myself than to tell you things that I like?!

I like to:
See
The sunlight dancing on the ocean causing it to sparkle like diamonds

The rainbow stretch its colours over the grey sky.
My friends' eyes twinkling, their mouths upturned in a smile.
Children playing happily together, running, chasing, and enjoying the moment.
Rolling green hills dotted by cows, sheep and trees.
Boats bobbing slightly on a gentle river.
Friends coming into my home.
A friend's Yahoo ID being lit up which means they're online to talk.
Photos that bring back precious memoriesOld couples walking hand in hand, obviously enjoying their life together.
New blog posts from family, friends and fellow bloggers.
A look of love/understanding pass between two friends

Hear
Compliments, kind words and encouragement

Laughter that comes bursting forth spontaneously
Magpies singing and kookaburras laughing
Music - all sorts and styles
The sounds of the bush - bellbirds & other birds, dew dripping off leaves
A friend say my name "Carolanne"

Taste
Obviously, diet coke and chocolate
Fresh strawberries with or without custard or ice-cream
Cheese and Onion crinklecut chips
Roast Dinners with Honey carrots, mashed pumpkin and mint peas
Fresh bread/ freshly made sandwiches
Crumpets with honey
Hot chocolate with melted marshmallows
Chocolate

Smell
Roses

Freshly mowed grass
Rain
Pretty perfumes/after shave that reminds me of a loved one
New books, new stationery
The bush - with the fragrance of trees
Bread being baked in the oven
Something good cooking

Touch
Be embraced by a loved one
The packaging plastic that you can "pop"
A friend on the shoulder/arm
A baby's kiss

To Do
Play Squash
Go swimming
Sing
Walk along the beach or in the bush
Be alone
Talk with my friends and family
Visit loved ones
Walk on the beach in the moonlight
Teach a classful of my favourite students
Read
Watch movies with happy endings
Play games on the computer: Cribbage, Literati, Word Racer, JTBlocks.....
Chat online with friends



3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home